‘General Hospital’ (GH) spoilers indicate that Ryan Chamberlain (Jon Lindstrom) is that one character that we all love to hate. The one that makes us literally root for the underdog—any underdog—to just knock him off already. There’s been rumors about what could possibly happen to Ryan in the future, but as we all know, Ryan’s proven pretty difficult to kill. Here’s what you need to know.
‘General Hospital’ (GH) Spoilers: This Is How Ryan Chamberlain Finally Dies!
So far, Ryan has survived being burned alive in a fire, a fall over Niagara Falls, lopping off his own hand, and countless other stabbings and shootings in self-defense from the other citizens of Port Charles. It’s probably safe to say that Ryan’s going to be around for awhile yet. However, for just a moment, a brief, peaceful moment, let’s imagine that evil could truly die. Here are some ways, rated on a scale from 1-5 (5 being the most gruesome) that Ryan Chamberlain could possibly bite the dust.
‘General Hospital’ Spoilers: Final Destination – Ryan Chamberlain Style
• Food Poisoning – Let us begin with something rather benign. Someone could very well poison Ryan’s food at the place he’s at now, or he could develop a sudden food allergy, Either way, either could result in Ryan keeling over. On a scale of 1-5, this death would be a 1, yeah it’s definitely a sucky death but there are others that are far worse.
• Choking on a doughnut – Hey, it wasn’t too good for Alice Horton all those years ago! Okay, actually a “doughnut” could be replace with anything. Croissant, a blueberry muffin, an apple, an orange (Godfather style!), a hotdog (stop giggling), it doesn’t even have to be solid, he could choke on soup, or water, actually. Alas, poor Ryan,we knew him well! On a scale of 1-5, I’d give this death a 1. Still sucks to be Ryan, but honestly it’s kind of tame and a little disappointing.
• Getting hit by a bus – Imagine the scenario, Ryan gets off by reason of insanity in court, he gives a victorious smirk to the witnesses in the courtroom and walks out, maybe he’s being hounded by the media, maybe not. Maybe it’s just a private affair (yeah right), Ava’s screaming how unfair it is in the back of the courtroom. Ryan doesn’t care, in typical Ryan fashion he just goes on about his business, ready to get on with what is left of his life. When suddenly, it happens. He was too busy holding his nose in the air and gloating about how he murdered nine people and got away with it, when—BAM! It happens. Ryan Chamberlain is taken out Regina George style, only this time, it’s fatal. On a scale of 1- 5, I’d rank this death about a 3. In the moment, it’s going to hurt, but depending on what kind of vehicle it is, Ryan probably won’t survive very long afterwards, so he won’t have time to reflect on anything that he’s done.
‘General Hospital’ (GH) Spoilers: Ryan Chamberlain Will Die
• Getting eaten by a wild animal – I must say, when they first made the discovery of just his hand up in Canada, this is the first thing I thought of. I thought a bear, mountain lion, or maybe even a pack of wolves, had gotten to Ryan and had killed him while he was incapacitated. But nope, he had just pulled a serial killer hat trick and had amputated it himself! (Which is just… ow!) I’m kind of amazed that he didn’t have to face this possibility after he went over the falls, but I guess that would’ve been too logical. One a scale of 1-5, I’m going to rate this death a 4. Because now he’s one-handed and having to fight and kind of animal with just one-hand is pretty terrifying. On the other hand, this might be considered animal cruelty, I can’t imagine the poor bear (or other predator) having a very easy time digesting someone of Ryan Chamberlain’s caliber. Yuck!
• Driving off the edge of a cliff – Okay, well technically he already went over Niagara Falls, but he hasn’t done the soap opera classic of driving over the edge of a cliff yet! Knowing Ryan, since he likes to torment other people he would probably have at least one passenger along for the ride though, even if they were an unwitting passenger in his trunk. (Oh, hi Carly.) On a scale of 1-5, I consider yeeting oneself off a cliff in a vehicle that can explode to be a 5. Because ouch.
• Being Assassinated by the WSB – Now this is a possibility that no one has actually thought of before. According to Kevin, Ryan used to be involved with the WSB, but he had become useless to them. What if the WSB decided to tie up loose ends permanently and end Ryan’s life, KGB style? They could use just about anything, too, and it would take a million years for the truth to come out. That actually would have been an intersting angle to play at with Dante’s return, but I guess the two storylines just didn’t intersect in time or something. On a scale of 1-5, I consider this death to be a 5 – because espionage.
‘General Hospital’ Spoilers: Going Paranormal
• Having a piano dropped on him – Okay, maybe I’ve just been watching too much Looney Tunes, but you have to admit it would be funny. Ryan’s walking along, minding his own business alongside a high rise building in Port Charles… we’ll say Aurora Media, after he somehow gets magically acquitted from all nine murder by reason of insanity. Jax is having an even for Crimson so he rents a piano for a day, they’re trying to get it into the building when suddenly the rope breaks and BAM! We’re all singing Ryan doesn’t live here anymore. On a scale of 1-5, I rate this death a 2. Yes, it sucks to be Ryan, it’s painful, but it’s not really the kind of satisfactory send-off that Ryan deserves.
• The spirits come for him – Since everyone’s been dabbling in contacting the other side, recently, what if something in one of these seances went horribly wrong and unleashed a paranormal evil on Port Charles? Sure, they might target random innocent people, but what if, somehow, they targeted the one who’s soul was most vulnerable? The one who’s soul was already in danger and just needed that one extra shove? I’m sure the spirits of his victims would be happy to oblige, and then we’d get to see all of them back again! Alive, and healthy, and out for blood. On a scale of 1-5, I give this death about a 4, being yeeted out of existence by ghosts is terrifying but not exactly physically painful.
General Hospital Spoilers: Does Ryan Chamberlain Need To Die?
• Spontaneous Human Combustion – It’s an actual phenomenon, look it up, folks! I know Ryan’s already died in a fire once, but hear me out! They say that all victims have a few things in common, they are usually elderly (okay not in Ryan’s case), and they live alone and have no one. Ryan isn’t exactly the apple of anyone’s eye, not to mention he’s in a prison hospital and he now is missing a hand and a kidney. If anyone would have reason to experience severe loneliness to the point of one’s own soul consuming them in a burst of flames – it would be Ryan. On a scale of 1-5, I’d give this death about a 5, a fire consuming your body from within can’t be all that comfortable.
Actually, put those last two together and you’ve got yourself one hell of an epic death scene. Hear that, writers? There’s rumors going on about how Ryan will actually go out, but none of them involve any of the above scenarios. So I guess we’ll have to stay tuned!